Patty Myers said she wanted this passed along so I will. I think she makes some good points. I hope you will read and form your own opinions on how we fix our financial futures.
Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming , Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.
Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana .. I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
Listen up. Direct from Ms Myers:
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight..
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3 My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud..
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullcrap" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullcrap, I have a few questions for YOU.
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullcrap, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable SOB.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
So here is a little story for all my friends in BlogLand. it all started about 21 years ago I worked for McDonald's in Duluth MN and did what they called their local store marketing and the very 1st Monopoly promotion came out I worked ties with the local cable company and the car dealer for a few nice ti ins. Since that time each year when it's monopoly game time. I play it because it brings back memories. This year is no different. Each year they try to get you to buy a certain menu items and if I am going to eat food that is not very good for me then I want to max out the game pieces. This year you get extra game pieces for going large with your meal ( I guess calling it super size was a little to close to home for some of their customers ) but they take away the medium drink so you only gain two pieces. So I thought why not trade in the large cup to a medium and keep all the extra pieces. Well at first this worked fine all the McDonald's I stopped at were happy to swap the cup, until I got to Tomah WI. where I asked the same request and a manager said that I could not do that. I asked why (because the other stores had done that for me) and she said that it was in the rules that McDonald's had sent them so I wondered are they in the rules that the public gets she said no. I asked her if the rules weren't published to us (in the official rules) how could they stop my request and where do I get a copy of the rules. I was told if I contacted McDonald's that maybe they would send me the rules. So I had one final question if it was not during Monopoly could I trade in the cup from large to medium and she said of course. OK lets just process my order so I can go home. when I got my order (with the large cup) I left it on the counter and she yelled to me that I forgot my cup I answered back I don't think so. the good news is I can remove another of the McDonald's off of my list to ever stop at again.
As for the Monopoly slogan 1 in 4 wins I DON'T feel like one of the 4
Posted by DocMastr at 6:02 PM
Monday, October 3, 2011
Treat donated cloths right
A great thing happened this summer a company called usagain put boxes (like very large mail boxes) around town to donate clothing. Goodwill is all the way across town as many of us we box up our used clothes and wait to donate them. The usagain boxes let me drive only a half mile away and donate same day. The other day I saw something that disturbed me but first more on usagain from their website http://www.usagain.com/
USAgain is a green for-profit enterprise that collects used clothes and resells them worldwide to conserve precious natural resources and greenhouse gases. We provide thousands of convenient locations across the U.S. where you can drop off your gently used clothes and shoes any time of the day, any day of the year. For the clothes you no longer use, we provide an easy, eco-friendly way to remove them from your closet! What's more, the clothes are given a second life at affordable prices for people who can't afford brand new clothes. It's a win-win-win proposition.
Now I think their statement and use of the clothing is a great cause but back to what I saw. One afternoon I saw the usagain truck and a person emptying the box, the problem was that instead of walking the clothes over to the truck and putting them in it he was throwing the clothes into the street behind the truck. Now if you are like me I clean the clothes before I donate them and it is a mute point if they are going to thrown onto the ground before collection and as I said not just the ground but in the street. I would think that you could respect the clothes walk them to the truck and put them in it. It will for me make me think twice before I donate clothes to them. A quote I am sure I heard somewhere is
"To donate is divine to see clothes thrown into the street is wrong and just makes me MAD"
Posted by DocMastr at 9:41 PM